Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Summer Zucchini Bread

It has been a wonderful summer....loaded with fresh veggies. I have a small garden plus bounty from a friends garden and a CSA that I joined this year. (see previous post on CSAs)

So I always have lots of zucchini on hand. I love zucchini because it is so versatile. You can do so much with it. Today I decided on zucchini bread. This is one of those healthy desserts, breads, breakfasts that everyone in the family loves.




I made 2 with nuts and 1 without to satisfy both tastes in the family.

It is so easy and delicious!! Try this with your abundance of zucchini!

3 C white whole wheat flour
1 Tbsp cinnamon
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp asking powder
1/4 tsp salt
2 eggs and 1 egg white
1/2 C oil...I used safflower
1/4 C unsweetened applesauce
1/2 C honey
1t vanilla
3 C grated zucchini
3/4 nuts of your choice...optional

Preheat oven to 325
Blend dry ingredients.
Make a well in the dry ingredients and add eggs, oil, honey, and vanilla.
Do not over mix.
Fold in grated zucchini and chopped nuts if using.

Bake until toothpick comes out clean, about 30 minutes for smaller pans.
50 minutes for large pans




Enjoy!! Oh you can freeze these as well!

Blessings,

Trish

No comments:

Post a Comment