Thursday, December 30, 2010

A Brand New Year

I know it has been way too long since my last post.  With the holidays and a trip I have been really busy.  We have been hit with a lot of cold weather and snow.  The boys had a week off even before winter break due to snow.  I thought we live in Tennessee?  This is the south right?  Well it is the end of the year and I am already ready for some warm weather and sunshine. 

As this year comes to an end I have to sit and reflect on it and ponder how it went overall.  I know I could always do better, give more, be more.  I always find myself coming short of what  and who I want to be.  I am so thankful for what God has blessed me with, a wonderful husband, 3 beautiful children, a warm home, a job for my husband... the list could go on.  With all that I wonder why I am not doing more... being more. 

As the new year approaches I am not going to make resolutions because I know that they don't work, but I am going to try my best to do more... be more than I am right now.  There are so many people out there who are in need of something.  Something maybe I could give them... a kind word...a good deed....a fresh loaf of bread...something.  I don't know what it may be, but as this New Year begins I am going to make it a daily prayer of mine to ask God if there is something I could do or someone in need that I could help in some way.   I think I feel that I want this 2011 to be less about me and more about others.  I hope I could fulfill this.

I hope you all had a wonderful blessed Christmas and have a Happy New Year.

Today's tip is mostly for myself, try to be more focused on others than myself.  Yes I will still eat healthy and exercise and take care of myself, but I am really going to try to be more sensitive to the needs of others.

Blessings,

Trish

No comments:

Post a Comment