Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Chicken with potatoes and onions

I know it seems I have been slacking and maybe I have, but my computer has had some major issues lately.  I hope that it is fixed but who knows with computers.  I made a really quick and easy recipe last night that I want to share.  Shame on me for not taking a picture, but it is so easy and really delicious and even healthy.

1 package chicken thighs or breasts (bone in)
1 large onion sliced
5-6 potatoes skin on and cubed
1 can whole tomatoes or diced whatever you have on hand  15 oz can
extra virgin olive oil
salt and pepper to taste and about 1/2 tsp of garlic powder or any spices you enjoy.

OK this is so easy... Spray bottom of a baking dish with cooking spray
Put the onions and potatoes in the pan.
Lay the chicken on top of that and sprinkle with salt and pepper and garlic powder.  Drizzle with about a tsp of olive oil and bake for 30 minutes. 
Take out of oven and add the can of tomatoes and cook for another 10 minutes or so until the chicken is cooked. (I use a meat thermometer because I never know when the meat is done )
That is it !!  So good and so easy. 
You can serve this with quinoa or brown rice to soak up the juices from the chicken and potatoes and a side salad. 

Enjoy!!

Tip:  Try adding some fresh herbs to your meals.  They add so much flavor and NO CALORIES.  Gotta love that.  I added fresh parsley and basil to this when i added the tomatoes.  Yum.
P.S  The aroma while this is cooking is unreal.  So good.

Blessings,

Trish

No comments:

Post a Comment