Monday, July 23, 2012

Amazing tip


I found an amazing tip! I read it somewhere online a few months ago. I just utilized the tip this morning so I had to share real quick.

This time of year I get a ton of stuff in my CSA box. (see previous post on CSAS). Of course some people can their abundance but I have tried and it just doesn't work for me. So I freeze a lot of my stuff, but I never froze my greens. Now I have cooked some stuff and froze it, but I saw this great tip. If you buy or grow too much greens such as spinach, arugula, Swiss chard...etc...just wash and dry it and freeze the whole bunch...as is. Don't cook, just freeze in a ziplock bag. This morning I was making a quick omelet and opened the freezer and there it was....my spinach from a month ago that I froze. I just grabbed a handful and added it to my omelet. It breaks apart in a ton of little pieces so it was perfect for that. You can easily add to soups, pastas, eggs, smoothies...etc!

I love this! No more wasted greens!!

Blessings,

Trish

No comments:

Post a Comment