Monday, September 8, 2014

New grill...new recipe


So this weekend we finally got a new gas grill after 12 years! Yeah we were over do.  So today I wanted to try it out with a new meal that I could grill, be kid friendly, quick, and healthy. So I had some boneless pork chops that I had the butcher cut 1 1/4 inches thick. Perfect thickness.

Here's what I did.

4 boneless center cut pork chops
1/3 c soy sauce
1/4 c oil (I used olive oil) 
zest of one lemon or lime:  I used a lime because that's what I had
Juice of one half lemon or lime
Three garlic clothes chopped
2 teaspoons fresh ginger. I usually do not have fresh ginger on hand so I use this:

I love this product. I get it at Kroger. As you can see I got it on sale. You can leave this in your freezer which is what I do.

Put all ingredients into a Ziploc bag or a glass dish and marinate boneless pork chops for a minimum of one hour or a maximum of overnight. I marinated mine for about five hours.

Preheat grill. I actually got this baby up to 650°. Oh yeah.

Grill the pork chops until the internal temperature is between 158 and 160°. I use a thermometer because I can never tell when the meat is done. 


While they were grilling, on the other side of the grill I had fresh cauliflower  with a little olive oil salt and pepper grilling on a piece of foil.

I rounded out the meal with some basmati rice which I love.
Here is the final dish: 
So so so good!  This meal was light and delicious and healthy! Everyone in the house loved it, which isn't an easy task. 

Today's tip: while it's still really nice out and not too cold fire up your grill and experiment with some different things. It doesn't always have to be meat. Try grilling up some fresh vegetables from the garden!!

Blessings, 

Trish

No comments:

Post a Comment