Thursday, January 10, 2013

Happy New Year


Happy New Year everyone! A brand new year to be a brand new you! Kinda cool. I know this year I want to be more, do more. I want to truly get closer to The Lord because this world is a harsh place and we cannot put our hope in our government system or our leaders. Our only hope is in The Lord Jesus Christ.
Psalm 33:20
We wait in hope for the LORD; he is our help and our shield.

So this year let us all put Jesus first in our lives. Of course the other thing many of us want to do is be more health conscious, lose a few pounds, eat better, exercise more....I am one of them.

So please join me as I try to eat more whole clean foods and exercise regularly! I know we can do it!!

So remember when I said you were going to think I was nuts......? Check my previous blog post....

So here is what I am hooked on for a snack. It is crazy maybe but trust me, it is so good.




What is it you ask??
Chocolate chip cookie dough dip!!!!

Yes I said it...and it uses one of those healthy ingredients.....one of those crazy ones...white beans or chickpeas!!!




Yes I eat it with a spoon.




But you could use graham crackers or fruit to dip I to this crazy snack!
This was my last attempt...today I switched it up and even baked it....added some chocolate...




Yum!

So I got the recipe and tweaked it from www.chocolatecoveredkatie.com. Thanks Katie!

1 1/2 cups chickpeas or white beans (1 can, drained and rinsed very well) (250g after draining)
1/8 tsp plus 1/16 tsp salt
tiny bit over 1/8 tsp baking soda
2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/4 cup nut butter (You can get away with using only 3 tbsp. If you use peanut butter, it’ll have a slight “pb cookie dough” taste, which I love.
up to 1/4 cup milk of choice, only if needed ..I don't use this but if its too thick go ahead.
About a 1/2 cup brown sugar...can use dates if you want natural sweetness
1/3 cup chocolate chips

Add 1 Tbsp cocoa powder for the chocolate lover..and a pinch of baking powder if you want to bake this! Bake at 350 for about 20 minutes.

So tell me...am I crazy?






He likes it!!




So does he....so i can't be that nuts, right?

Blessings,

Trish

No comments:

Post a Comment