Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Yes I am!!

I am reluctant to ever say it because it can't be true...right?  I am the girl in high school who could not run... not even one lap.  Not 1/4 mile...nothing.  I could barely finish the 50 yard dash for field day.  I just wasn't a born runner like a lot of people.  If we had to run in gym, I was sick.  In college our final grade depended upon us completing a mile in a certain amount of time.  I didn't complete it in time and got a B in that class.  When asked if I wanted to redo the mile to get a better grade I kindly replied NO THANK YOU. 

 I took the B.  

So that is why I am hesitant to call myself this, but I think I finally can.  I AM A RUNNER!!  Yes I have completed some 5ks in the past, but that was a few years ago.

Recently I have started running again.  I don't know why.  I don't like to run.  I just wanted to set some new goals for myself and running is one of those.  One goal is to run 5 miles.  Well, today I didn't run 5 miles, but I did run 4.10 miles straight!!  I cannot believe it!!  If you would ever ask me if I could run thtat far I would laugh and say no way!  But I did do it. 

I am saying this because we all sell ourselves short.  We don't give ourselves credit for things we accomplish.  We don't think we can do it.  

I am here to tell you that you CAN DO IT.  You may not be able to run 4 miles right away or even walk 4 miles or even 1 mile, but you can do it.  It all starts by making that decision to just start.  It may mean walking 1 block.  I may mean doing 1 push up or sit up.  It may mean popping in a DVD and doing 5 minutes of it!!  Then the next time maybe you will be able to do 10 minutes.  It takes some time, but you can do it!!  I will get to that 5 miles, maybe it will take me all year, but I will do it!

Trust me, if I can call myself a runner, you can do it too!!


This is me stretching and cooling down after my 4.10 mile run.  It felt great!  YES I DID IT! 

Blessings,

Trish


No comments:

Post a Comment