Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Snack attack


So I had a snack attack.  I was just craving something... something sweet and chocolatey and yes something healthy.  So I went looking online for something and remembered the am I nuts cookie dough dip.  Oh so yummy.

So, I adapted it a bit from Chocolate Covered Katie.. Thanks again Katie and made this.

1 can chickpeas
3/4 C brown sugar ( I used a little less)
2 tsp vanilla
1/4 C peanut butter (you can use oil or applesauce if you don't want the peanut butter taste, I happen to love it!)
1/8 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 instant oats or ground flax meal

Blend all of this in a food processor until smooth.

Add as many chocolate chips as you like.  Mix with spoon and put in a 8 x 8 baking dish.

Bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees.

Warning:  Will be soft and gooey... and delicious.

Organic Chick peas or Garbanzos
I used foil for easy clean up


Getting rid of the evidence...

Warm gooey deliciousness!!!

This is really delicious and low calorie.  One piece is around 100 calories and loaded with fiber!!

So try something nuts!!  You might like it.

Blessings,

Trish

No comments:

Post a Comment