Friday, November 5, 2010

When you don't feel like it....do it anyway!

It's been over 3 years now and I finally think I have made it a habit.  A good habit.  The dreaded exercise...No one likes to do it, but it is something so essential for our bodies.  We all have tons of excuses why we don't have the time to exercise.  I get it.  No one wants to wake up at 5am before they go to work to sweat for 30 minutes, but I guarantee you if you do you will not regret it.  As the days get shorter and the weather colder it is easier to stay in bed or come home from work and just sit on the couch and relax. 

I challenge you to just do it.  Do it for life.  Do it for more energy.  Do it for your kids.  Do it for weight loss.  Do it for lower blood pressure and lower cholesterol.  Do it for heart health.  God did not create us to sit around.  He created us to move.  Modern times make it so easy to just do nothing physical.  Email instead of walking to the mailbox.  Dishwasher instead of scrubbing dishes.  The list can go on and on.  Now we buy all sorts of fancy equipment to exercise on.  I'm not saying it's bad, I have a treadmill too,  but when I think about it, it makes me laugh.  Walking on a treadmill in place, lifting weights in our basements while watching tv.  All I can think of is how funny Charles Ingalls would think this is.  Back then everything was physical labor.  Plowing, walking, digging, pulling up water from wells.  All you did is exercise.

But, now to modern times... we have all this stuff but we need to use them... regularly.  I encourage you to start with walking.  That's it... just walk.  Start with 20 minutes a day for 3 days a week and then increase to 4 days then to 25 minutes a day and work your way up to 30 minutes of brisk walking 4-5 days a week.  You don't need any equipment, just a good pair of sneakers.  I lost most of my weight walking.  Walking works!!

So today's tip, if you have a park, walking path, hiking trail or a treadmill... just do it... start walking.  I promise you will feel great!

Blessings,

Trish

No comments:

Post a Comment