Friday, January 28, 2011

The Scale or not...

In my post yesterday, I shared my story of gaining 10 lbs over a year without even realizing it.  I have read many articles about not weighing yourself.  I totally understand this concept because as I said it really defined how my day went, good or bad.  How shallow is that?  I feel very guilty letting some number define who I am, but I am working on it everyday with Gods help.  Anyway, the scale or not the scale.  Should we weigh in? 

 On the flip side of the coin when we don't hold ourselves accountable, we don't realize how that scale just creeps up.  (It makes me think of sin, how if we give in just a little at a time thinking it is no big deal how it just creeps into our lives unnoticed until one day we are miserable and our lives are in turmoil.)  Anyway, back to the scale.  I have done the weigh in thing and the avoid the scale at all costs thing and for me, I have to weigh in to keep myself in check.  It is a lot easier to get on that scale and see that you have gained 3 or 4 lbs, than to weigh in once every year or 2 and gain 25 lbs.  I let it go too far so from now on, I will weigh myself once a week to keep myself accountable.  I have worked way too hard to get here and I never want to go back to where I was at 4 years ago.  So, you have to decide for yourself what is best.... the scale or not...

Tip for today is go ahead... weigh yourself.  Don't let it define you but let it encourage you to be a better you. 

Blessings,

Trisha
Be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might.

No comments:

Post a Comment