Thursday, January 27, 2011

Stuff happens

I know it has been ages since I've blogged and I guess I have felt like I didn't have anything to say.  No real tips.. boring stuff.  Well today's topic is me.  You all know I have lost 42 lbs and kept it off for 4 years... well sorta.  I have avoided that scale at all costs because it just freaks me out.  I don't know why I have to be scared by that number, but I know I am.  So, for probably 5 months I have ignored that scale.  When I used to get on I guess I let it define me.  If I was down a little I would have a good day, up a pound or 2....really really bad day.  I know this is shallow, but it is how I feel.  So instead of weighing in, I just totally ignored the scale so I wouldn't let it create a mood for me.  Fast forward to 3 weeks ago.  I had this inkling that I should get on the scale.  I was feeling a bit .... bloated... yeah bloated.  So after 5 months of abstaining from that weekly weigh in I stepped on that darn thing.  Well, needless to say, what I was feeling was not bloating but a pretty substantial weight gain.  UGH.  7 lbs since my last weigh in and 10 lbs from my goal weight.  10 lbs.  That is why I say stuff happens.  Life happens.  When I tell you I have exercised 6 days a week (minus 2 or 3 days) for the past 4 years, I mean it.  I have busted my butt working out and eating healthy.  Thus the healthy tips blog I'm writing.  But here I sat feeling over come and defeated.  I felt really really bad.

So, I could do one of two things.  I could throw in the towel and eat my way through a few pizzas and ice cream or I could go back... reflect on what I have done in the past and do it again.  I did do this once and yes I let it creep up a bit, but I can do this again.  So, my main problem that I have realized is my eating.  I just love to eat.  I really do.  So while I was exercising regularly, I was still eating too much. 

So, I cut back on my portions, started eating more fruit and veggies and stop eating that after dinner snack.  That is my biggest downfall.  I can do good all day, but after dinner my sweet tooth kicks in. 

So, now in 3 weeks I have dropped 4 lbs and hopefully on my way back to my goal weight.  I guess I needed some accountability so I felt like I needed to share this. 

So, I guess my tip is for myself mostly.  It is don't give up.  Setbacks happen sometime.  Stuff happens.  Just stop where you are and figure out where you want to be and start doing what worked in the first place. 

Blessings,

Trish

I can do ALL things through Christ who strengthens me.

No comments:

Post a Comment