Thursday, July 28, 2011

Quinoa



I know I have written about it before, but I just love this superfood.  It is a seed... it is nutty and delicious and soooooo healthy. It really is one of my favorites.  It is quinoa... pronounced keen-wah. Yum.

I went to my sisters house this past weekend and I brought this super salad.  I love this in the summer in a cold salad with fresh garden veggies dressed with olive oil and lemon juice. That is just what I did.

Put 1 cup quinoa in a pan or pot and toast them a little bit.  Add 2 cups of water and turn heat to medium and cook for 10 minutes.  That's it.  It is done.  Now add whatever you like.  If you want it hot add some roasted veggies, olive oil and lemon juice and eat.  If you want to do a cold salad like I did add cucumber, basil, cilantro, tomatos, walnuts, olive oil and lemon juice, salt and pepper and chill overnight. 


Enjoy.

Today's tip:  Try something new... just do it, you may find something new you love.

Blessings,

Trish

No comments:

Post a Comment