Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Am I nuts?


Ok....I know after this post most of you will think I have lost my mind, but that's ok, I am used to it. I was reading some health blogs this week and came across this idea....this recipe that to even me seemed insane. How could it work? How could it even taste edible? It couldn't...could it?

Well first off here is the picture before I tell you the recipe and you tell me whether it looks edible or not...





Ok. That's it...so what do you think? Oh you need to see the inside? Ok, I can do that...




-So now what do you think?

It is chocolate chip cookie pie. Now I have made this before and it has TONS of butter and other yummy bad for you stuff in it so when I came across this blog (I forget which one...could be on pinterest too, not sure) I had to try it. So I did.

Guess what is the star healthy ingredient in this baby???????

White northern beans. Yep I said it. beans.

Yes I was skeptical as well. That is why I had to make it. When I tell you this is delicious...This is delicious. Don't believe me? Try it. Now it does have chocolate chips and sugar, but gosh beans and oatmeal! Can you say fiber.....

Ok, so here is what I did, since I get ideas and then adapt them to what I like.

2 cans northern beans
1 Cup quick cooking oatmeal
1/4 Cup applesauce
2 tbsp Canola oil
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
Pinch salt
1 1/4 C brown sugar. (I will try this again with less or add honey)
1 C chocolate chips

Mix everything but the chocolate chips in a food processor until smooth.
Fold in chocolate chips

Bake 350 degrees for 35 to 40 minutes.

Enjoy! You will not taste the beans!

Today's tip: Do something totally crazy like this! Lol

Blessings

Trish

(of course the 15 year old with bionic taste buds said this is healthy..I can tell...but he did not mention beans!)

Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment