Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Real muffins


So with my attempt being to eat as much REAL food as possible, I thought I would try to attempt my blueberry muffin recipe and change it up. Everyone loves these muffins. They are so easy and delicious...and made with white flour, sugar, canola oil (which you may think is real and healthy, but it is just another genetically modified product, more on that another day).

So here is what I did and man...they are just as good to me, and knowing how healthy they are makes me happy! I love to eat, so if I can have a delicious food that is good for me I am one happy gal. Isn't that what our diet should be? Enjoying food while nourishing our bodies?

So here they are:



A closer look...



An even closer look...I ate half...it was so good!



So here's my recipe:

1 1/2 C whole white wheat flour...this is whole wheat not bleached white
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt

In measuring cup

1/4 C unsweetenedapplesauce plus about 1 Tbsp olive oil
I egg beaten
1/3 C milk
1/2 C honey or pure maple syrup (I split it 1/2 and 1/2)

Add wet ingredients to the dry. DO NOT OVER MIX.

Add 1 C frozen or fresh blueberries...fold in to batter.

Grease muffin tins or use papers...add batter and bake 400 degrees about 15-20 minutes..stick a toothpick in to see if it's done.

That's it!

It is easy, healthy, and delicious.

Today's tip: think out of the box with recipes....see what you can change to make them more nutritious!

Blessings,

Tris

No comments:

Post a Comment