Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Chicken and roasted vegetables for supper

Last night I made a pretty tasty and healthy supper. I made chicken cutlets in a wine sauce with spinach and chive linguini and roasted fresh veggies.

Just place whatever vegetables you have on hand on a sheet pan. Roast on high heat 475 to 500 for 20 minutes, you don't want mushy.




I just put a little olive oil spray and some salt and pepper..yum.

Then I coated the chicken breasts with some white wheat flour and sautéed in about a tsp of olive oil. After they are a little brown I added 1 cup chicken broth and 1/2 c white wine, some garlic powder and cut up some onions and fresh spinach. Salt and pepper to taste. Cook all this goodness covered for 10 minutes and that is it. Done. It was delicious and healthy.



The pasta was Trader Joes spinach and chive and to be honest, it was not my favorite, but whole wheat pasta or rice would work great as well.

The bread you see pictured is homemade wheat with flaxseed, chia seed, and sesame seed toasted up and spread with an olive and spinach tapenade. Yum.

Today's tip: try roasting your favorite veggies. It is super easy, healthy, and gives the veggies a new depth of flavor.

Blessings,

Trish

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment