Monday, December 12, 2011

The pie

Well this blog post really has nothing to do with health, but in the fact that you can be heathy and enjoy an occasional slice of pie.

Saturday was Sweetys birthday. 45 big ones....lol. Anyway, he is more of a pie guy than a cake guy. His favorite is pumpkin but I was feeling like an old fashioned homemade pie might do the trick. For all of you who know me well, I DON'T MAKE HOMEMADE PIE...I just don't. I can make pizza dough, bread dough, tortilla, naan bread...any kind of bread but please don't make me make a pastry crust. Me and the crust have a bad history, but after all it was his birthday, so I had to give it a shot. So I rolled up my sleeves and made a pie from scratch..crust and all.

Here is how it came out: before baking




Then after about an hour in the oven




Ok...this looks good even to me.

Then the real test:



He looks happy

Then...



Oh my word....I don't like to pump myself up but this one was a total winner.
Delish.

So sometimes you just have to enjoy that slice of pie.

Today's tip: try making something totally from scratch. Even if you think you can't, you may be surprised at the results.

Blessings,

Trish

Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment