Friday, December 9, 2011

The egg

Today I started my day with some green juice for me and Sweety. It was kale, spinach, apple, kiwi and celery. Yum. Then after some chores and running around I was hungry. The hubby loves to have eggs for breakfast. Me...not so much, but I thought, why not make an omelet. It has been a while since I have made one. I usually make him eggs over medium, toast and either potatoes or ham.

Today, a spinach, feta, and virginia ham omelet.
5 eggs, generous handful of fresh spinach, small handful of feta cheese, and 3 slices Virginia ham, black pepper.


It was sooooo good. By the way, I split this thing, I had 1/3 and Sweety had 2/3 of the omelet.
It was a nice change from my yummy daily oatmeal. (I will talk about this another day)


Eggs are a wonderful source of protein and don't get so concerned about the cholesterol, it's not that horrible. God made these perfect eggs for optimal nutrition, so enjoy them, just don't fry the heck out of them in tons of butter and oil.

Todays tip: rediscover the egg. It's not just for breakfast either! Try it for lunch or a light supper.

Blessings,

Trish


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment