Thursday, December 15, 2011

The dreaded jog...and the recovery drink

Today was that dreaded day of doing the exercise I loathe. I mean I don't love to exercise, but I do it 6 days a week because I have to. I know, more about that bad attitude another day. I really don't like jogging....I dare say I hate it (gasp)

I try to jog at least one day a week though because it is just about the best cardio you can do to burn lots of calories. So today I trudged through my 3 miles...ugh. I walk some of it, but jog a lot of it and boy do I get tired and sweaty.

So, when I get back I need some potassium and protein immediately. It is best to have protein within 30 minutes of working out so your muscles get the protein and vitamins it needs so you are not mega sore the next day.

Here is what I have:

It is skim milk, 1/2 banana, 1 scoop Trader Joes chocolate protein powder, 2 tsp natural peanut butter, Chia seeds, ice.





Blend this all in your blender or bullet type blender.




-Enjoy

It is yummy.

Today's tip: do something for yourself that you dread...it may be the treadmill, weights, walk at the park or yes that dreaded jog. Once you get through it you will feel great.

Blessings,

Trish
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment