Monday, September 17, 2012

Weekend trip

Well I did it... It has been 18 years since I have, but I did it this past weekend.  What did you do, you ask?

CAMPING!!!

Ok I live in the country, but I am a city girl still at heart.  I can't help it, I grew up in New Jersey...

So, I prefer sleeping in a bed... in a room...inside...

My good pal Leslie and her husband Dave bought a pop up camper this year and have been doing some weekend camping trips and this was their last one of the season.

Dave and Leslie in front of their second home!
Here they are!!

So, they asked us if we wanted to go.  I thought yes I do want to go!  I can rough it!!

So we went... after not being able to find the poles for our tent and having to borrow one from Leslie's mom at the last minute, we made it to the campsite around 10pm after son #1's football game. (of which he played varsity for the first time!!)

Here are some pics of the rest of the weekend!
Our tent.  Notice the very plush air mattress!  Not messing around here.  LOL
Jonah looks so happy... not!









This is where Micah and Brandon slept... on picnic tables... all night.  I don't know how but that is teenagers for ya.







Jonah crashed out on our air mattress.  Found out later he was sick.

                                   Sweety and me having our morning coffee outside our tent.

A deluxe breakfast... Leslie's friend Geneva made the most amazing breakfast.  That is her on the left.  Homemade biscuits, jam, eggs, bacon, sausage, sausage gravy, toast!!  It was delicious.


                                             Sweety doing the breakfast dishes.  I love him!!

Tyler and Elijah having breakfast on the swings.
Jonah and Micah having sleeping bag fight.

CJ having his biscuit.

Jonah and Tyler hanging out.
Getting in my workout and enjoying every minute of the beautiful boat ride!!


Is this not gorgeous?  Pickett State Park.  Enjoyed a boat ride!

So, we had a wonderful time camping.  I am so glad that I decided to go.  Thanks Dave and Leslie for inviting us!!


No comments:

Post a Comment