Monday, January 9, 2012

Tennis Anyone?

Ok so this weekend was really good. First off on Friday I tried a little tennis. Sweety wanted to try a sport we both can play together and he saw some tennis rackets at the local thrift store and wanted to get them. I said no way and kept walking. I have never played tennis before. Now I am not totally unatheletic, I played softball and was a cheerleader for 4 years. Please don't sneer, cheer leading is hard sometimes...I was ALWAYS at the bottom of the pyramid. So I thought about it and went back and got the 2 prince tennis rackets and wrapped them up for Christmas. Friday was doom day. It was 60 and sunny in January...what are the chances? So we went out to the court. I was feeling pretty good with my headband on and all.


Well, let's just say it didn't go too well for my first go around. I hit way more balls over the fence than over the net. Poor Sweety. I guess I am used to swinging a bat not a racket. I will not give up though. I have to try again. I have to say I am very sore from the experience which is good. I used some muscles I usually don't use. Yesterday was an all around good day. Had a great church service, celebrated our 18th wedding anniversary, and watched 2 playoff games. I can't believe I have been married 18 years! Where does the time go? The Lord has truly blessed me with the most wonderful husband.


Now onto football. What a great day. I am a huge NY Giants fan. I used to live 10 minutes from Giants Stadium. So when the Giants ran all over Atlanta yesterday it was great. Sweety is a Steelers fan and although I wanted to support him (especially on our anniversary) I just wanted to see Tim Tebow win that game. Besides....the Steelers were just in the Superbowl. I know I am a bad wife. Well in the end Tebow pulled it off in overtime and won the game. So that was my weekend. Oh I forgot to mention I ate way too much but did buy a new Leslie Sansone walking DVD which I did all 5 miles on Saturday. So that was good. All in all a great weekend. Today's tip: Try something you haven't done before. It may be tennis like me or walking a mile or a Pilates class etc....You may not be great at it, but it it great exercise and you may find out you like it. Blessings, Trish - Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Tennis anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment